BOLD | OBSESSED | SELF-AWARE | STRONG
“There’s a BOSS BITCH in all of us”
New York Times bestselling author Nicole Lapin is back with a sassy and actionable guide empowering women to be the boss of their lives and their careers.
You don’t need dozens or hundreds of employees to be a boss, says financial expert and serial entrepreneur Nicole Lapin. Hell, you don’t even need one. You just need to find your inner Boss Bitch — your most confident, savvy, ambitious self — and own it.
A Boss Bitch is the she-ro of her own story. She is someone who takes charge of her future and embraces being a “boss” in all aspects of the word: whether as the boss of her own life, family and career, the literal boss at work, or, as the boss of her own company. Whichever she chooses (or all three), a Boss Bitch is someone who gets out there and makes her success happen — and so can you.
Lapin draws on raw and often hilariously real stories from her own career — the good, the bad, and the ugly — to show what it means to be a “boss” in twelve easy steps. In her refreshingly accessible and relatable style, she first shows how to embrace the “boss of you” mentality by seizing the power that comes from believing in yourself and expanding your skillset. Then she offers candid no-nonsense advice for how to kill it at as the “boss at work” whether you have a high-up role or not. And finally, for those who want to take the plunge as an entrepreneur, she lays out the nuts and bolts of how to be the “boss of your own business” from raising money and getting it off the ground to hiring a kickass staff and dealing office drama to turning a profit.
Being a badass in your career is something that should be worn as a badge of honor, says Lapin. Here, she inspires us to rise to the occasion and celebrate our successes — and then keep killing it like the Boss Bitches we are!
ORDER BOSS BITCH
…and get some extra goodies!
GET A FREE EBOOK
Buy 1-50 books and get a FREE ebook filled with helpful bonus content! Just email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
EXCLUSIVE MENTORSHIP CHAT
Buy 10+ copies of BOSS BITCH and receive a membership to an exclusive mentorship chat with Nicole.
FREE ADVICE FROM NICOLE
Buy 25+ books and get a free email back to your very own “Ask Me Anything” question.
CONSULTATION CALL WITH NICOLE
Get a free 15 minute consultation phone call with Nicole!
SKYPE CALL WITH NICOLE
Get an hour Skype call with Nicole for yourself or your organization.
WORK DIRECTLY WITH NICOLE
Work with Nicole herself to produce a speech, programming, event and/or content specifically tailored for you or your company.
SIGNED COPIES FOR EVERYONE
Buy 2,500+ books and get a special edition and/or cover of the book, signed by Nicole, to give out to your company or organization
*Want a tax write off for books (well, you’re a Boss Bitch after my own heart), email me to see how you can help the women of JVS and/or Dress for Success or a charity of your choice that would benefit from career content while getting some tax love!
PRAISE FOR BOSS BITCH
“When someone calls you a ‘Boss Bitch’ say ‘thank you!'”
— Gloria Steinem, Journalist and Political Activist
“The role of women in the workforce is changing and today women are disrupting the workplace—for the better. Ladies, it’s time to disrupt your own industry. BOSS BITCH will show you how.”
— Sarah Blakely, Founder of Spanx
“Nicole’s advice is “ON POINT” her material and delivery is current, REAL, and entertaining. Boss Bitch should be a mandatory read for all young women entering into the professional workforce. If you follow her principles I assert you will have EXTRAORDINARY results in your life!”
— Lavinia Errico, Founder of Equinox
“Whether you’re wanting to branch out on your own startup or just get ahead in your current job, Nicole knows just how to develop those skills to get you where you want to be. She’s a perfect role model for young women learning to be their own boss (bitch).”
— Brit Morin, Founder and CEO of Brit + Co
“Women are underrepresented among entrepreneurs. BOSS BITCH is a great guide to help us close that gap.”
— Daniel Lubetzky, CEO & Founder of KIND Snacks
“Nicole Lapin is back, this time to show you how to be the baddest boss in town. BOSS BITCH is the no holds barred guide to taking your career to the highest level.”
— Aliza Licht, Author of Leave Your Mark
“BOSS BITCH is a fun and engaging read to help build your brand and rock your career.”
— Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
“If you’re a woman and you like business, you need to read this book. Immediately. You can’t afford to miss this one, ladies.”
— Alli Webb, Founder of Drybar
“Nicole does a fabulous job educating people about business while always keeping it fun and entertaining.”
— Alexis Maybank, Founder of Gilt Groupe
“At last! A book that’s cool enough for my kick-ass teenage daughters, and smart enough for my CEO self!”
— Julie Clark, Founder of Baby Einstein
SCHMOOZING TIPS THAT DON’T SUCK
There are a ton of networking “tips” out there. Personally, a lot of them can feel icky. But I’ve tried ’em all, even the icky ones,
and here are the ones that have been most successful:
Be ready to be “on.” Every time you walk into a room,
you are presenting a valuable product: yourself. This
means being polished inside and out. Do your homework
on who is going to be at the event, whether it’s a small
dinner or a large conference. Make note of a few people
you are most interested in speaking with and have a few
relevant talking points ready ahead of time based on
their interests and recent accomplishments (whatever
you’ve found through a slightly more than cursory
Google search). The trick to being strategic is not to
come across as strategic at all. Don’t read them their CV,
and don’t feel compelled to bring any of your talking
points up if they don’t fit or make sense (or seem stalker
-ish). But if they do, you’ll look smart and be memorable.
1. Be smart,
not a smarty pants
2. Follow up
contact, suggest a specific time and place. No one
likes the “Which restaurant do you like?” Ping- Pong
match, and you always want to give the impression
that your time is valuable . . . because it is! Even if
you are totally wide- open, still suggest a couple of
times and places; it’s helpful, it’s assertive, and it gives
the impression that you’re wildly busy. For example,
say, “How’s Tuesday at ten a.m. or three thirty p.m.?”
instead of “Got any time next week?” Even if you’re
wide- open, you 1) don’t want to come across like you
are 2) should remember that your time is precious,
3. Take charge.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at http://nicolelapin.com/bossbitch/become-an-ambassador/ and who are eighteen years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Nothing But Gold Productions its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Nothing But Gold Productions as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on December 1, 2016 at 12:01pm EDT and ending March 6, 2017 at 11:59pm EDT. All online entries must be received by March 6, 2017 at 11:59pm EDT.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at http://nicolelapin.com/bossbitch/become-an-ambassador/. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Nothing But Gold Productions. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Nothing But Gold Productions.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a free eBook (approx. value of $25) and/or an exclusive financial webinar hosted by Nicole Lapin (approx. value $500). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Nothing But Gold Productions. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Nothing But Gold Productions’ discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Nothing But Gold Productions to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner(s) will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of Nothing But Gold Productions. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Nothing But Gold Productions shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within three (3) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT NOTHING BUT GOLD PRODUCTIONS’ SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Nothing But Gold Productions, anyone acting on behalf of Nothing But Gold Productions and Nothing But Gold Productions’ licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: Nothing But Gold Productions reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Nothing But Gold Productions’ control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case,Nothing But Gold Productions may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Nothing But Gold Productions. Nothing But Gold Productions reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Nothing But Gold Productions has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Nothing But Gold Productions reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Nothing But Gold Productions and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICAAND NEW YORK CITY, NY WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York City, NY having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email email@example.com. Requests must be received no later than March 6, 2017 at 11:59pm EDT.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Nothing But Gold Productions. New York, NY.
- Facebook: If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a contest or sweepstakes, include the following: The Campaign hosted by Nothing But Gold Productions is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- ___ By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.