BYOW: Boss Your Own Wallet with These Shopping Tips
It’s important to remember as women, we are the bosses of our lives; we have the final say about our careers, relationships and finances. That’s why I’ve teamed up with Sears to empower all you shoppers out there to “BYOW” (Boss Your Own Wallet) just in time for all of your springtime shopping!
We spend hundreds of hours annually shopping for ourselves and our families. Isn’t it time we made that investment work for us? After all, we’re the bosses of our own lives – we’ve got work to do!
People always ask me for tips to better manage their household budget. To help with this, I’m encouraging all of you to shop with a plan to get the most value for every dollar. After all, how you spend is as important as what you save. Check out my five tips to make the most of your shopping dollar:
- If your favorite retailer offers a free loyalty rewards program, join it! It might seem very Captain Obvious, but you can’t enjoy the perks if you’re not a member of the club. Free rewards programs are the best way to ensure you’re first in line for merchandise exclusives and savings (which is especially helpful when you’re looking to buy those bigger household items). Programs like the Sears’ Shop Your Way program give back at least 1% in points value with each purchase, plus surprise points throughout the year. It’s like discovering free money in your wallet!
- Celebrate the shopping “holidays.” Sales happen all the time – but not all sales are created equal. Plan out your shopping spree like a boss by recognizing the best time to buy. This not only saves you money, but can double or even triple your points value. If you’re itching to get some spring shopping done, make sure to mark your calendar for the Sears Spring Black Friday sales event April 28 to April 29. Discounts and deals will be offered storewide, including appliances, spring fashion, lawn and garden equipment & more.
- When it comes to points, use them or lose them. Points are like vacation days – you’ve earned them, so use them! People lose out on thousands of dollars each year in unredeemed loyalty points. With the Sears’ Shop Your Way program, the points are linked to your account and can be used anytime, on any purchase. It’s a no-brainer.
- You should choose your reward; not the other way around. A retail loyalty program is only as good as its perks, so you might as well join one that rewards you where you actually shop, right? The Sears Shop Your Way Marketplace lets you earn qualifying points not only at Sears, Kmart and Sears Auto Center, but also with such partners as Uber, Groupon, Hilton and hundreds more!
- Take advantage of deals online and in-store. With life moving so fast, sometimes it’s hard to plan whether or not you’ll get a chance to stop by a store. Since Sears offers seamless integration between the in-store, mobile and online shopping experiences, you know you’re getting the best deal whether you’re logged in or stopping by in person. You even can shop online, then drive to any Sears store, check in via the Sears app and they’ll bring your purchase out to you without you ever leaving the car – guaranteed in five minutes or less. The old adage is true – time is money and this is an amazing free convenience.
From April 28 through April 29, Sears will host Sears Spring Black Friday sales in-store, online at sears.com, or via the Sears app. During this special event, Sears will offer shoppers an even deeper value with sale prices storewide and online, and more Shop Your Way reward points than prior years. For more information, visit sears.com.