Institutional Investors

Unlike mom-and-pop investors, the big boys, by which I mean the folks who run mutual, pension, hedge and insurance funds (basically the people who move around large sums of money) are lumped into this category. When you invest money in a mutual fund, or an index fund, there’s someone on the other end managing the money. (See also: Mom-and-Pop)

« Back to Glossary Index

Leave A Comment